BFF Bike Polo Tournament - Paris
The morning of the tournament, the main thing I noticed: Marc pacing around like a madman. A sure sign that this was going to be a great tournament.
The tournament started off with familiar faces from cities all over over Europe hugging, sharing coffee, and going over the rules.
6 groups of 6 teams played all day between two courts. The main court in a school yard was perfect. The second court a few streets away was a little shady (slippery & those annoying barriers!) but people still seemed to have fun on it anyway. At the end of the day, 2 teams from each group were eliminated.
All the games on the second day were great. The bracketing moved along pretty quickly and soon enough, we were down to the last few teams. The final game in the shadows of the night ,was L'equipe (Geneva) against Apologies Accepted. The atmosphere of the crowd was amazing as everyone cheered, boo'ed, heckled, and did the wave (that's right) while L'equipe won!
1. L'equipe (Manuel the Magician, Mario, and Lucas) from Geneva, Switzerland
2. Apologies Accepted (Marc, Luis, and Adam) Paris, France (& Manchester)
3. Poloholics Toros (Pablo, Eddy, and Andreas) Munich, Germany
4. Malice (Matt, Iain, and Andy) London, England
5. Dans Ta Gueule, Puceau (Hugo, Pierre and Kevin) Paris, France & 'Metz, Schindel and Söhne (Thomas, Max, and Holger) Karlsruhe, Germany.
It was so amazing to meet up with everyone from all the communities we've visited. I'm really going to miss everyone!
Thank you Marc, Luis, Stephan, and everyone else that made this tournament happen.
No brake, no life!